RSS

midnight in the garden of floral skirts and area rugs...


Today's Tourist Trapped will be up tomorrow. My apologies.
Are you doing anything fun tonight? I am speaking to Linda Yee's journalism class at City College. So the jokes is on you, students! I am neither a journalist, nor classy.
Anyway, I am constantly, pretend-ly considering of moving to Savannah, Georgia. If I was willing to give up my "career" and go have some anonymous job in Savannah, I would do it tomorrow.
I have this fantasy where I work at a bookstore/cafe/open-mic type establishment. Everyone I work with is kinda crazy and lovable. We all hang out together, and I date a guy that drives a truck and has a yellow lab named Triscut. I don't have tons of money, but I have enough to drive a cute car, go to Europe on museum tours and wear lots of 90's style clothes, like colorful tights and bucket hats with fake sunflowers on them. And my little wooden house, where I live by myself paying $300 a month like Julia Roberts in "Sleeping With The Enemy", is decorated with funky art my friends made and colorful pillows. All of my lightbulbs are 30 watts and I listen to this when I drive through the bayou to go visit my wrongly-convicted prison pen pal.
I will have a casual respect for voodoo and go to a very friendly, vaguely-Christian church on Sundays, mostly for the gossip and picnic-based occasions.
I will listen to Tuck and Patti, Shawn Colvin, Eva Cassidy and anything approved by the Lilith Faire. Much of this fantasy is based upon the film versions of women of John Grisham novels.
It's also based on Tuck and Patti, who I have loved for a decade. When I live in Savannah, I will be friends with couples like Tuck and Patti. Actually, I just figured out Tuck and Patti are married. Something that never occured to me when watching this video (repeatedly). Again, this is very much what my life in Savannah will be like:
You're surprised they're married too, aren't you. Isn't love amazing? Anyway, Tuck and Patti will be at Yoshi's on Fillmore on December 14th & 15th. None of my friends will go with me. I'm afraid to even ask. But I am going, and I will pretend it's my one night off from my gig assistant-managering "Quills & Croissants." If you attend, look for the chick with the colorful tights and the ex-con...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS