RSS

detective? DETTTTECTIIIIIIVE!?!?


1. I went to see Kevin Spacey in Richard III last night. Act 1 was 2 hours long. I repeat, Act 1 was 2 hours long. The first hour was pretty exciting because we were in the 4th row and Kevin Spacey was ALMOST SWEATING ON US. But the thrill was gone into hour two. Also, there was no synopsis in the program. I'm a dumbass. With Shakespeare, I need a little dumbass version, so I can follow along. The only part I started to get was the two young princes, because that is a spooky Tower of London Murder Mystery, and I've been all over that for years. If you plan on going and are dumb like me, have an espresso and read a synopsis first.

Sidenote about Richard III with Kevin Spacey. In the 2-hour Act 1, there is a scene with a head in a box (I'm not giving anything away. At least I think I'm not. I really have no idea.) Anyway, Kevin Spacey (as a disabled person) is making a big speech over a head in a box and I just about exploded! I wanted to stand up in the theater and scream, "Is anyone appreciating this? Anyone?"

2. I am fascinated with this San Francisco Magazine slideshow of an Ann Taylor party in Menlo Park. What, I'm dying to know, is Menlo Park? I can't get enough of these photos, because it's so exciting to see what appears to be the suburban retail store celebrated so seriously! I would have driven (or flown? I'm not sure) to "Menlo Park" to drink water out of a wine glass in Robin Hood boots and statement jewelry. Is there an #OccupyMP movement and did they protest? Or celebrate, as Ann Taylor is affordable careerwear? I've got to know...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS