RSS

X-rays for Adrian Peterson’s ankle return negative; MRI on Monday


X-rays for Adrian Peterson’s ankle return negative; MRI on MondayX-rays on the injured ankle of Vikings’ star running back Adrian Peterson have come back negative.

“I just got my ankle caught up on a defender and it got twisted up pretty bad,” Peterson said via Viking Update. “The X-ray came back negative, so that’s a plus.”

The superstar runner said he didn’t have any swelling on the ankle, but that was normal for his body, and that he would have an MRI on Monday to determine the full extent of the injury.

Peterson doesn’t believe the injury is season-ending.

“No, not at all,” Peterson said when asked if thought his season might be over. “That’s not in my DNA. I’m going to try and get back as fast as I can and, God willing, I’ll be up and ready to run this weekend.”

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS