RSS

Angelina Jolie nixes 'secret wedding' idea

Vanity Fair gets up close and personal with Angelina Jolie, who talks about her new film, but also squelches reports that she and Brad Pitt are planning to get married.

In the mag's October issue, the actress assures that there is "no secret wedding" in the works with her sweetie. She also denounces a few other rumors: "I'm not pregnant. I'm not adopting at the moment."

And she chats about directing her new movie, In the Land of Blood and Honey, and how it has changed the way she approaches acting.

"Brad thinks I'm going to be a nightmare," Jolie jokes. "I had such a good experience he thinks I'm going to be impatient with directors, which I already am. I get impatient with people working on a film that have their head in their hands like it's the most complicated thing in the world."

The film, which marks her screenwriting debut as well as her directorial debut, came to fruition quickly.

"I had the flu," Jolie says. "I had to be quarantined from the children for two days. I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don't watch TV and I wasn't reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn't know any other way."

She says she then let Brad take the script to read on a trip: "He called and said, 'You know, honey, it's not that bad.'"

Jolie says he was supportive throughout the project. "He'd come in and say what he liked or what he didn't understand. Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things. He's been so supportive. But it's hard to separate the person that loves you from the critic, so I don't think he's a fair judge."

Jolie admits she did not initially intend to direct the film. "It was something I didn't trust out of my hands," she explains. "So by default I ended up putting myself in as director."

And now she's feeling the pressure. "I've never felt more exposed. My whole career, I've hidden behind other people's words."

The October issue of Vanity Fairwill be on newsstands in New York and L.A. on Sept. 1, and nationally and on the iPad Sept. 6.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS